Monday, July 4, 2011

My Son The Leap Frog

Jonathan,


I guess the time of you laying in one place and not moving and all unsuspecting items of the household feeling safe have come to an end. You're not exactly crawling yet... but you are leaping. I know it strikes me as funny too that you get yourself up in the position to crawl, but instead you leap your whole body forward throwing all caution to the wind. I'm sure you've knocked your head a few times on the landing, but hey if you don't get a few bumps and bruises now, when can you get them?

So I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before you get this crawling thing down to a science, but I've read that not all babies ever crawl and some just go straight to walking. You have amazing strength right now where all you do is pull yourself up on whatever you can get both your hands on. We have to lower your crib before you think you're Spiderman one night and climb out of it. When your brother started becoming mobile it was awesome at first then it grew very tiring. He didn't want to sleep in his crib anymore because he knew he could move. He didn't want to lay in Mommy and Daddy's bed anymore because he knew he could pull himself up, he even took a tumble off of it one day. You are showing the same signs that you won't want to do these things much longer too. You don't even like to finish your bottle anymore because you know you can just toss it to the side, pull yourself up into a sitting position, and leap your way to toys. In a way I'm very excited for this next chapter in our lives. Two moving children that can get their hands into whatever they want. Excited? Maybe I just talked myself into changing my mind.

This does make Daddy sad as well. I'm losing my little baby boy. At least when Benjamin got bigger and started doing big boy things I had you to snuggle with and hold (Because Ben refused to anymore.), but now that you're getting bigger it feels like I've lost both my little babies. You guys are getting big way too fast! I know now why they say you have to cherish them while they are tiny, which in a way never really worked for the two of you because you were never really tiny. Your cousin Jordyn, he's tiny, you two? Not so much. But, I guess this is a part of life. You guys can only stay so small for so long before you're talking, running around, getting into trouble, and being kids. I'm getting a head of myself now because the two of you are still my babies. You might be a leap frog now Jonathan, but you're still my little leap frog. And one day when you're older.. much much older, and you think you're too old for kisses from Dad, you will still be my little leap frog. Love you son!

Not Missing The 2:00AM Wake Up Calls,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment