Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Doing New Things Every Day

Benjamin,

As Daddy writes this letter to you, you are currently fast asleep (Hopefully), but today you did a couple of new things that you have been doing a little here and there, but today it seemed to really click for you. The first thing would be eating with a spoon and fork. Mommy and Daddy used to have you try to eat with these before, but you would always give up and go back to using your hands to shovel food into your mouth, but today you sat through two meals and used the fork, and spoon for almost the entire meal. I thought we had it good when you started holding your own bottle. I would think what could possibly be better than you holding your own bottle and feeding your formula to yourself? How about you feeding yourself with actual food. Sure, you still need supervision because you think the reason behind eating is to stuff as much food as you can into your mouth at once. I swear sometimes I think you're trying to store some things away for winter you're an animal! But, you're starting to eat on your own and this is one less thing you need help with from Mommy and Daddy. Another sign that you are getting older.

The other thing you did today, while not for the first time, was color in your coloring book. You did a few pages and although you are far from coloring inside the lines you're doing a great job. I'm probably a bit bias when I say that just one of your colored in pages has to be one of the best work of art I have ever laid my eyes on. I'm not surprised at how proud you continue to make me. You amaze me each and ever single day with the new things you do, and the new things you learn. I am happy and proud to be able to teach you these things along with your Mommy. Every time you learn something new I feel a sense of accomplishment with my life. It's like nothing else matters in the World, but showing you how to grow up. So, keep on eating by yourself, keep on coloring those coloring books, and please... try to learn some new words!

Love Always,
Dad




PS: I really should have put a bib on you before this picture was taken. Oh well, live and learn, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment