Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Day At The Movies


Benjamin,

Today was your first time ever going to the movies and let me tell you that I was pleasantly surprised. I admit going into this I had my fears. I thought you would go crazy half way through the movie and we would have to leave. I thought maybe you'd throw a tantrum and toss yourself all over the place. I thought maybe you'd say "Car" a hundred times throughout the movie... well that last one wouldn't have been that bad!

But, you were a good boy. You didn't scream, you didn't throw a tantrum and the worst thing you did was get restless at the end of the movie. Mommy and Daddy got restless too though as a two hour movie will do that to people. Maybe, just maybe all kids movies should be about an hour and a half long because two hours is pushing it. But you sat on both Mommy and Daddy's lap going back and forth without so much as a whimper. We shared some popcorn, you drank your cup then dropped it to the floor, but you were great. Now as you nap we will be getting ready to go out and get you that surprise I said I'd buy for you if you were good throughout the movie.

The first time I went to the movies I screamed and cried because the movie was "Ghost Dad" and I thought there might be an actual Ghost inside the dark theater. But, you were a champ! Good job little guy. I'm very proud of you.

The movie itself was good. You won't remember it, you probably won't even remember this was the first time you ever went to a movie theater. But I will remember this day for as long as I live. The first day you went to the movies and didn't even shed a tear. The first time I went to the movies with my son.

Love Always,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment