Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday: June 23rd, 2011

Dear Benjamin....and Jonathan too,

I couldn't think of a better blog than to have one where I write open letters to the both of you. Mommy is currently at work and while Daddy writes this the two of you are sitting on the floor watching Chuggington and playing with your toys. It's been a good night so far, just the men of the house hanging out and having a good time. Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon.

Benjamin, your mommy told me a funny story about you today that made me laugh. You went into the kitchen and took the chocolate wafers from the table. You brought them over to Mommy and pleaded your case for one, and Mommy gave in and you got...one. That wasn't enough for you though little guy because after Mommy put the wafers back and went to change your brothers diaper you went in and found the wafers once more, and again brought them to Mommy pleading your case for more wafers. Mommy insisted you bring the wafers back into the kitchen because you wasn't going to have anymore and you took yourself out of the room and back to the kitchen where you were supposed to put the chocolate wafers back on the table.

What did you do though? You sat on the kitchen floor and took not one, not two, but three wafers out of the plastic!! Mommy said you had two in one hand and was eating the third. You're a very silly boy and it's been great watching you get bigger and bigger every day. Time goes by too fast for Daddy.

Jonathan, you poor baby you're getting over a cold now, but you're so full of energy. It's okay you look alot like Mommy. It's not your fault! You keep pressing your body upwards as if you're going to crawl and I know any day now that you will. I don't know if it's as good as I'm thinking it's going to be. You two little monsters roaming around the house! While I can't wait for you to crawl and to walk I think it's best to cherish these last few weeks we have left without you being a little mobile machine.

Well boys, it's almost time for you both to go to bed. So I will wrap up this first letter to the two of you with something I thought about today when I was asked if I missed being the guy who wasn't in charge at work. If you never challenge yourself you will never know what you are capable of. I love you both!

Love Always,
Dad.

P.S. Please... go to sleep without a fight tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment